Links : My Spelling City : Unit 5
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
Moby Max: http://www.mobymax.com/MM/SI/
Obair Bhaile : 12ú lá de Mhí na Samhna 2014
Obair Bhaile :
Gaeilge : “seas” agus “nigh” san A.L. Decline and learn.
Learn all verbs covered so far- test on Friday!!
Remember!!- check to see: is it leathan nó caol? What will my ending be? Always remember “(a)im” for “mé”
BF agus agallamh (1-15)
Abairtí- Freagair na ceisteanna 1-8 (sa chóipleabhair)
Dán- an Feoilseantóir- an chéad véarsa
Béarla : MSWB : Unit 5
MRAH : WK 9 day 3
Poetry- Compose 3 verses of poem. (Childhood teddy)
NB!- include: personification, verbs, adjectives and RUN-ON LINES!
WOW words – define and sentence
MSWB- next question
Sheet – Synonyms (first part on sheet, second part in copy- full sentences!)
Rang 5: SD Unit 9 part e
AM- p.73 Q.2
Questions in copy
Sheet p.67 Q B and C. IN COPY!
Tin whistle: practise
- ruled my page with a red pen?
- written a title e.g Cleachtadh Gramadaí , page number and date for each piece of work?
- answered all questions using full and complete sentences and correct punctuation?
- numbered all questions in the side margin?
- ruled my copy using my red pen as shown by my teacher?
- Used pencil to write my work?
- Written one digit in every box?
Children are allocated sufficient time each afternoon to write down their obair bhaile and to ensure that they have everything needed to complete their work at home thus if homework is incomplete for one of these reasons it will need to be done during break time.
If there is a genuine reason why your child did not complete his/her homework please write a note of explanation in the journal.
Please sign the journal each night once you are satisfied that he work a=has been completed.
Learning work is as important as written work as should be accorded equal time. This is particularly true in the senior classes.
Spelling in 5th and 6th Class
- Each child has a notebook that is alphabetically ordered and which may be used as a dictionary of personal errors.
- On Monday, Teacher calls out the list words and pupils spell in their copies. The number of words depends on the age/ability of the group.
- The correct spellings are written on the whiteboard.
- The child compares his efforts with the correct one in order to find the ‘good parts ‘ and the ‘bad spots’. Allow time for the child to check and self correct.
- Words spelled incorrectly are written into the child’s personal dictionary (hard backed copy).
- This word becomes the child’s spelling homework. Be aware of the amount of homework given and ensure that the child is taught how to overcome the ‘bad spots’
- If several children in the class are inaccurate with the same word it may lead to a Troublesome Word Time eg. What do you do to remember that word? The troublesome words could be notes on a class chart or post-it
- On Friday the words are given in dictation sentences and next time the child meets the word and gets it right, it is highlighted out of the child’s personal dictionary-the child sees progression and self esteem rises.
Tipsheet: Helping Your Child with Spelling Helping your child with spelling pg 1